This will be short and sweet in honor of Valentine’s Day. If conservatives really want to win this November, they need something. They need specificity. The democrats won by whining and complaining. The American people, now that they are seeing specifics of the democrats ideas and plans, they don’t like it.
So, for the republicans to win… for conservatives to take the government back, they need to put forth to the people a unified, SPECIFIC plan and message, much like the Contract with America from 1994. Call it the American Plan for Prosperity or something. Here is my wish list for the plan:
- Include in it a simplified tax code with three brackets (starting at $18,000.00 and eliminate the EIC at the same time) and close the current loopholes the tax code is riddled with.
- Include in it a tax subsidy for homeowners who add solar and wind electrical generation systems to their homes if those systems feed power back to the grid.
- Include in it a cap on punitive damages in medical malpractice cases at the amount of the $500,000.00 or the ten-year average of the doctor’s annual salary, whichever is more.
- Include in it a ten-year plan of spending and construction to retrofit all existing federal buildings with green technology.
- Include in it a portability law which allows workers to take their health insurance with them when they change jobs, and allow people to purchase insurance across state lines.
By providing a simple, straightforward plan, with specific, measurable goals, we can take our country back from the democrats who seem hell-bent on destroying it.